Thursday, October 11, 2012

The difference between winning and succeeding


http://www.ted.com/talks/john_wooden_on_the_difference_between_winning_and_success.html


John Wooden, a very successful basketball coach that once coached at UCLA for several years, states in this video that "You can lose when you outscore somebody in a game. And you can win when you’re outscored.” I think this relates to my blog because what he is saying is you can learn from your failures and hurtles become a better competator. My blog is all about picking my self up and keeping my cool even when things with basketball don't go my way. I learn to succeed by my failures and by doing this I become a better player and person on and off the court. Nobody is perfect,  because life isn't perfect and basketball is an imperfect game. I hope that one day I can be as successful as John wooden and wise as him so I can spread what I have learned to my peers and children as what ever path they choose in life they know that failing is just apart of the journey to success

1 comment:

  1. Hello Giovanny,
    I am a tutor assigned to your English class at COM. I am just checking on students’ blogs to see how the class is doing.

    I like that you picked a Ted Talks topic that you are interested in. However, you could title that response in some way that clearly introduces it as the Ted Talk assignment.
    I like that you provide one quote and then analyze the meaning, the extended meaning of it. Possibly, you could provide one more quote and do the same for that.

    Your INTRODUCTION is fine – nice graphic. Your Reader Response is good too. But be sure to stop by the Writing Center. You need spend a certain number of hours in the Writing Center to pass the class.
    thanks
    --rion

    ReplyDelete